Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Clothespin Magnets









I adore these magnets!! They are super simple to make and are quite the addition to your fridge.

To start out, cut card stock paper to size and glue it to the clothes pins.  I glued it to the front and back.  Allow to dry for a bit (or overnight if you are patient- I am not).  Using a piece of sandpaper, sand the edges of the paper and clothes pin.  This will even up the paper and give it a slightly distressed finish.  Apply a coat or two of Mod Podge and while you wait for that to dry, start on your flowers.



I used the Fiskars XL lever punch in the Poppy design.  I punched out four and using a small stamp pad, lightly added color to the edges.  Fold each of the petals inward and then using the handle of a small paintbrush (or a similar tool) curl the edges back.  Layer and glue three of the four layers together.  In the last picture above, notice that there are only four petals instead of five.  In order to get a curved flower I cut between two of the petals to the center and then glued one petal under the other.  glue this to the other layers, add an embellishment to the center and you are ready to glue it on your clothes pin.
If you are feeling a bit saucy, you can try this other one I made as well.
 
That is my nephew, I don't know which is cuter the magnet or him.  It's him!!!

This is an extra large clothes pin that I found in the craft store for around a dollar.  I used book pages to make this flower.  To get this look I first sprayed the pages (torn out of course) with my morning's coffee and then ironed the paper.  I followed the same steps for the other flowers except before I curled the edges I added two layers of Mod Podge to give it more stiffness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment